Monday, July 26, 2010

Zucchini Scones

Last summer, I grew zucchini in my garden. I had some still frozen in my freezer and I had been wanting to use it up. I thought scones would be a great way to do that! They're not that sweet, perfect to have for breakfast or a nice snack (love the grab-and-go!). It's a really simple recipe as well!

Zucchini Scones

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon orange peel
1 teaspoon lemon peel
1/4 cup butter
1 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup zucchini, grated

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, peels and grated zucchini.


Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse cornmeal.


Mix the egg with milk and add to the zucchini mixture. Stir until a soft dough forms. Using either a 1/4 dry measure or a scoop of equivalent measure, drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.


Bake 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees. Makes 12.




Mmmm...I love scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment