Friday, June 29, 2012

Little Miss is... 10 months old


Are you for real? My baby girl is 10 months already?! Where is the time going? When people tell you to enjoy every minute of it because it's going to go by so fast, you think yeah, I know it will. You hear it so many times over and over again that it just kind of becomes this thing that goes in one ear and out the other and it's like yeah, yeah, I know and you don't really quite believe it. But I'm telling you now....believe it! It's true! The time goes by so insanely fast and really, where do the days go? Not to sure, but now I have a 10 month old Little Miss!

Finally, first time in a swing at Ambleside Park while visiting Grammy and Grampy







Weeeeeee!

It's funny how when you're a first time mom you have all these big ideas of things you're going to get done and work on. What's really funny is how little time you actually have to get those done. When you finally do have a spare minute, you just want to sit there and do nothing. Be a mindless blob. At least that's how I felt! I started to write Little Miss emails each month. I think her last one was when she turned five months. I haven't even kept up with writing in her baby book. Isn't this only supposed to happen with your second or third child? Your first child is supposed to have every single moment, every milestone documented? Uh oh.... I think it's time to start writing down those milestones, likes and dislikes!



  • Says "Aubrey" "dada" "mmm num num num" "nehn nehn nehn nehn"
  • Loves to talk and has gotten very chatty
  • LOVES kids, birdies, animals, phones, looking out the window, Cheerios, bath time, Grammy, Chewy and books
  • HATES having her face washed and anything on her head
  • A real mommy's girl
  • Loves to play "Where's Little Miss?? There she is!" and "Giddy-up, giddy-up, giddy-up" and move her hand back and forth over her mouth while making a sound
  • Mad crawler, points, stands up on one knee, pulls herself up on objects, pushes her ride 'em while taking steps, walks while holding your hands, hugs, waves, plays shy, holds toys up to her ear, cuddles favorite toys and blanket
  • Took steps today on her own at the couch!
  • Scrunches her nose
  • Recognizes when she's into something she shouldn't be and you catch her and she tries to get away from you quickly...she can motor!
  • Points to things she wants and doesn't want
  • Shakes her head "no"
  • Pushes things away she doesn't want
  • Starting to eat more "solid" foods but still likes purées. Loves to have yogurt. 
  • "Solids": toast, waffle, chicken breast, carrots, potato, banana, rice cakes, mum mums, puffs, wheels, CHEERIOS and strawberries, raspberries, and nectarines in the feeder
  • NOT a fan of avocado or egg yolks or Heinz baby food
  • Loves to see herself and us and in photos
  • Two teeth
  • A real goofball just like her mommy and daddy


Daddy and Little Miss comparing their "Phones". Hers is a toy spatula!
What's for dinner? Aubrey Soup!
"K, Grampy. I've had enough of this now..."
Mmmm raspberries!!
"Want some, Mommy??"
Ca-razy Bedhead!!
At White Spot being a ham and showing off her two toofies
Little Miss LOVES her phones!
With Aunty Steph while visiting in Vancouver
At Ambleside with Lion's Gate Bridge in the background

You, my girl, are such a blessing! It never ceases to amaze me that God placed such an angel in our lives. My heart sings as I watch you grow and learn each and every day. You are a gift and cherished incredibly. I love you with every ounce of my heart and soul. Love, Mommy.





2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    I know which pic is my fav, but I LOVE the bed head!!! Grammy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Janet4:00 PM

    Actually Grammy I thought that one was where she looked the most like you - isn't that FUNNY!!!!!!!!! They are all so bootiful.

    ReplyDelete