Tuesday, March 06, 2012

66 Day Challenge



Why is it that bad habits are so hard to break? Why is it that time after time of trying to make a good habit stick, you just end up back at square one. Well, I've heard that to create a habit, it can take anywhere from 21 to 28 days. One day I decided to look into it. The majority of the pages I came across all seemed to say the same thing: if you REALLY want to make a habit stick, it will take 66 days. 66 days huh? Well I guess that makes sense. Time and time again we hear, "Well you didn't get here over night so it's not going to change over night." Well alright then - 66 days it is.

So I've been thinking about this for a while. The majority of that thinking has actually been taking place in the shower. I for some reason have my best brainstorm sessions in the shower! Being a new mom, the shower has become my escape! With a clear mind, the ideas just come to me! So I've decided to put together this 66 day challenge. I really want to make these habits stick. I'm still quite a few months away from going back to work as I'm still on mat leave, but I want to be able to have some real healthy habits in place before I go back to work. For me not only is this about creating healthy habits, but also continuing my weight loss journey.

I've created a worksheet as an outline for this challenge which can be found here:

Terra Fit 66 Day Challenge Worksheet

You can print it off and fill out by hand.  Or, to save as a Word doc, once you click on the link go to File->Download As->Word. You could then fill it in on your computer and save it that way. Once downloaded as a Word doc though, for some reason, the formatting changes slightly and it doesn't appear quite as pretty.

So with that said, here are my 66 Day Challenge daily goals:

  1. Keep a daily food journal to track my consumption
  2. Minimum 10-8oz glasses of water
  3. Wake up at 6:30am
  4. 25 squats - 25 push ups - 25 crunches
Nutrition:
Following a clean eating lifestyle, limiting the processed items.

Fitness:
Gym - 3-4x/week on Dave's day's off.
On Dave's work days I will rotate Kinect UFC Trainer & Your Shape as well as my bike trainer.
On nice days, I'll take little miss for a walk.

I'm using gym workouts from Sam Omidi of Weight Loss And Training. I will be posting these every second day.

As weekends always seem to get a little tougher, every weekend on the Terra Fit Facebook page, I will be posting mini challenges to keep us going!

If you'd like to join in the challenge, leave a comment. If it's still the same as before, if you don't have a Google account, just choose anonymous, but leave your name in the comment. The more the merrier and we can support one another!

Let's do this!! 66 days...ROCK IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment