Monday, May 27, 2013

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa


It has been so gosh gram long since my last post! I have no excuse other than my time revolving around a certain 21 month old who's now WELL into the terrible twos stage (oh joy) and when I finally get some down time, I usually find myself spending a lot of time on the couch...that's another post! This space has never been far from my mind and I wanted to get active again...in more ways that one!

We LOVE fish tacos and have been making them for a while now and I have to say the version I've been making lately has to be my favorite so far. They are so damn good! You get sweet, you get spice and everything nice! It's a MUST share! In previous versions I've used cabbage in the tacos, as well as coleslaw mix, but for these ones I serve coleslaw on the side. Now, I usually just throw the ingredients together without measuring, but I'll do my best to gauge the measurements and quantity.

So, without further ado...



Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Serves 2 (with enough for leftovers)

Fish
3 fillets white fish (we use frozen basa fillets)
1/2 jalapeno (seeded if you don't want too much heat)
1 big handful of cilantro
2 green onions
lime juice
salt and pepper

Mango Salsa
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 red pepper
1/4 red onion
handful of cilantro
2-3 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper

8 small corn tortillas
1/2 Avocado
Sriracha Chili Sauce (optional)


Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place frozen fish fillets on the sheet. Liberally sprinkle lime juice over all three pieces and then season with salt and pepper. Slice the jalapeno and divide among the fish. Chop the green onion into 2 pieces and sprinkle around the sheet. Tear or chop the cilantro and place over the fish.


Cover with another piece of aluminum foil and put in oven. Cook for 20 minutes. Take the top foil off and cook for another 5 minutes.


While the fish is cooking, peel and chop the mango and place in a bowl. Chop the red pepper and red onion and add to the mango. Rough chop a handful of cilantro and add to the mix. Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in fridge until fish is ready.


To warm the tortillas, take a few sheets of paper towel and lightly dampen them. Place the tortillas between the paper towel and put in the microwave for thirty seconds. If need be, put on for another 15-30 seconds.

To assemble the tacos, take a fish fillet and flake it with a fork. Divide it among 4 tortillas. Top the fish with a few spoonfuls of the salsa, then top with some avocado. If you love heat, then add some Sriracha sauce. Repeat for the other 4 tortillas. Serve and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment